- The Club
The Old Pauline Lodge was founded in 1919 for OPs, Staff and others associated with the School. It was consecrated on 18 July 1919.
The Lodge meets at the School in January, March, June and October, by kind permission of the High Master. Meetings, known for their friendly atmosphere, last between 1 – 2 hours followed by an excellent dinner, generally held in the Montgomery Room.
Currently there are some thirty Lodge members spanning five decades and for many this is their only tangible contact with the School. Three High Masters have been members of the Lodge, which celebrated its Centenary at the School on 16 October 2019.
The meetings are for members and masonic guests only, but we regularly open the dinners to prospective members and representatives of the School, in particular when we make our annual donation to the bursary appeal.
The Lodge is a private lodge under the jurisdiction of the United Grand Lodge of England, within the Metropolitan Grand Lodge of London. It also belongs to the Public School Lodges’ Council, comprising 35 Lodges of other Public Schools. Each year one of the schools hosts a festival at their school for members of the other lodges, their wives/partners and friends. The Worshipful Masters of the Public School Lodges are invited to each other’s meetings and the Worshipful Master’s year can be a busy one!