The Old Pauline Golf Society was founded in 1909 to bring together Old Paulines interested in playing prestigious golf courses and enjoying the company of old friends.
In 2017, the OPGS opened its doors to the wider St Paul’s Community, now welcoming parents, former parents, teachers and sons of OPs to join in with their activities. To find out more about the OPGS’s history, click here.
If you are interested in joining the Old Pauline Golf Society, please do get in touch with us.
Hon. Secretary Email: email@example.com
For a full list of 2020 fixtures, please click here.
For a full list of the Committee Members, please click here.
Membership of The Old Pauline Golfing Society is open to Members of The Old Pauline Club, Old Coletines, parents of Old Paulines, children of Old Paulines, parents of current Paulines and present and past members of the school teaching staff.
- We have an annual subscription of £20. This is reduced to £10 for Members under 25 years of age and non-playing Members.
- We do not offer any facilities for those starting golf as virtually all our Members are current members of a golf club.
- Our Meetings, knock out Competition and any holidays are open to all Members to play.
- All Members can give their availability to play in Matches, teams will be chosen by a match manager.
- Our teams for external competitions are chosen by the captain of the team.
- All Members are invited to attend our AGM & Annual Dinner, normally held in November.
- Four Meetings a year
- Spring at Betchworth Park GC, Thursday 7 May
- Summer at Hayling GC, Tuesday 7 July
- Autumn & Captain’s Day at High Post GC, Wednesday 16 September
- Winter at West Hill GC, on Thursday 5 November
- Format for Spring, Summer & Autumn Meetings is morning 18 holes individual stableford off handicap and gross score, and afternoon is optional foursomes stableford off handicap. Winter is 18 holes individual off handicap in the morning.
- 11 Matches a year
- All Members are invited to say they are available for matches. The team will be chosen by the match manager from these.
- Representative Teams
- We enter the Halford Hewitt, Thursday 2 April – Sunday 5 April & the Cyril Gray, Thursday 25 June – Saturday 27 June, which are foursomes match play events off scratch. The Grafton Morrish qualifier, Sunday 10 May is scratch stableford foursomes. The Alba Trophy, Saturday 6 June is 36 holes foursomes medal, off scratch.
- As these events are off scratch, we try and get our golfers with the lowest handicaps to play. We also enter the Royal Wimbledon Putting completion on Wednesday 3 June.
- Knockout Competition
- We run a knock out competition open to all Members. It is individual match play off handicap for the Bewshar Bowl.
- Two night holiday
- This is a residential event with 18 holes of golf each of the 3 days at The Wiltshire GC. The format is individual stableford off handicap for the Kayton Vase.
- Two night visit to Jersey
- Golf will be played at Royal Jersey & Le Moye GC