- The Club
- 150 years of the OPC
As indicated at the Old Pauline Club’s AGM on 8th July, and subsequently reported in the recent edition of Atrium and posted on the Club’s website in July, the most significant outcomes of the recent Strategy Review were proposals to modernise the Club’s governance to make it fit for purpose for current and future generations of Old Paulines.
These changes have been incorporated in a revised version of the OPC Rules which were approved by 90% of Main Committee members who voted at its meeting on 9th November.
The main changes to the Club’s governance as incorporated in the revised Rules are:
• The Main Committee and the Executive Committee to be replaced by a reconstituted Executive Committee.
• The new Executive Committee to comprise: the Officers of the Club, viz. the President, the Deputy President (or the Immediate Past President), the Secretary and the Treasurer; representatives from each OP age group – those in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s and 50’s; the Director of Sports; the Communications Director; the Thames Ditton Representative; the SPS Director of Development and Engagement; staff and parent members nominated by the High Master; a St Paul’s School governor; and up to four co-opted members.
• Vice Presidents, who are currently automatically members of the Main Committee, to be able to join an Advisory Council.
• Membership of the new Executive Committee to have an age limit of 75 years.
• The formation of sub-committees, including a Nominations Committee and a Sports Committee.
The proposal to change the name of the Old Pauline Club to the St Paul’s Alumni Association, is not reflected in this version of the Rules and will be the subject of a separate SGM in the summer of 2022 at the end of the Club’s 150th year.
22nd November 2021
All Old Paulines are invited to attend the following meeting:
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING (SGM) on 14th December 2021 commencing at 6.30pm
In accordance with Rule 41 of the Old Pauline Club Rules, a Special General Meeting of members of the Old Pauline Club will be held on 14th December 2021 commencing at 6.30pm in the Montgomery Room at St Paul’s School and on Zoom. Both those who wish to attend in person and those who wish to join by zoom must register at the following link.
Unique passcodes will be issued to individual members who register as wishing to attend by Zoom.
The purpose of this meeting will be to approve alterations to the Rules arising from the governance changes proposed by the Governance Working Party, which were approved by the Main Committee on 9th November 2021. A copy of the revised Rules is attached.
22nd November 2021
THE OLD PAULINE CLUB
Resolution to be put to a Special General Meeting of the members of the Club on 14th December 2021
To resolve that, in accordance with Rule 41 of the Rules of the Club, the Rules in the form attached to the notice of the meeting be approved and adopted as the Rules of the Club, in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the previous Rules.